Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pregnancy Brain


For those of you who aren’t familiar with Pregnancy Brain, let me start by saying that it is a very real affliction. It effects many pregnant women, not just blond ones, and it’s directly related to those wonderful little hormones that can wreak havoc on your body and cause everything from acne to cankles. Fortunately I have not had to deal with acne or cankles (YET), but my Pregnancy Brain is getting increasingly worse. More and more I am finding spoons where the forks are supposed to be and I have even found the coffee pot (full of steaming hot coffee) in the refrigerator. The other day I was sending out about 20 pieces of mail and luckily realized (at the last minute) that I had put the stamp on the left side of all of the envelopes instead of the right side. And just today at work, I stopped in the bathroom and put the papers I was carrying underneath the Oust so they wouldn’t go anywhere, and didn’t realize until I got back to my office that not only had I grabbed my papers on the way out, but I had carried the Oust back to my desk as well. Now, I know what you’re thinking --- How many “DUH” moments can you blame on Pregnancy Brain? Well, here’s your answer, straight from the mouth of Psycho Bitch herself: As many as I please, #*&^$@! Wait until YOU’RE pregnant, and then we’ll talk.