Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Inconceivable!


Seriously, were our feet EVER this small? I can’t imagine. I mean, I know babies are small humans, but the size of this sock is RIDICULOUS. They are so cute, I just want to eat one. In fact, most of the baby clothes I spent most of Saturday washing were SO small, I thought there had been a mistake and people had bought doll clothes by accident. I guess I have a lot to learn. However, I did learn that there is WAY too much packaging associated with baby clothes – hangers, price tags, size stickers, those annoying little plastic things that keep things together or pinned to cardboard……it’s almost as if baby clothes manufacturers are saying, “Congrats on becoming a parent! Here’s your first lesson in patience: try to get these clothes off the hanger and into the washer. Good luck!” Seriously, I spent about an hour just getting everything de-tagged.

In other news, my co-workers threw me a Baby Shower today. I was totally caught by surprise and it was so nice to take a break from the hectic-ness and open presents in the middle of a crazy day. And eat cake. Eating cake is always fun, especially these days. It’s like, Carbs? Yes please. Sweets? Bring ‘em on. Carbs and sweets combined into one? Pure. Heaven. On. Earth.