Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bump Watch! 24 Weeks


24 weeks! Six months! 16 weeks to go! (Remember that whole 40 week thing - see below under "Falsehoods of Pregnancy"). And what a difference a few weeks make. While I wouldn't call myself huge (yet), I am definitely large and in charge with this baby bump. And last night was a total "WOW" moment for both John and I. John finally felt the baby move - or shall I say kick/punch - twice. And bless his heart, he said, "Are you sure you weren't just flexing?" He's giving my ab muscles WAY too much credit, but I appreciated his vote of confidence in them. Alas, it really was The Bun, as was evident a few minutes later when my tummy clearly moved a few times. It was simultaneously amazing, exhilirating and somewhat scary. Think "Alien." Except, of course, The Bun didn't pop out of my stomach and run across the room.