
Last week was a hard week, but last weekend was a blast. John and I decided to take a mini Babymoon to NYC, and it was fantastic. We saw the Bodies Exhibit (we highly recommend it) and enjoyed a jazz show at the Village Vanguard, ate some wonderful meals and walked around a lot in the sunny (albeit cold) weather. It was the perfect weekend, and exactly what you would want in a Babymoon: it was relaxing but far from boring, and at this point I'm not too huge to enjoy sightseeing by foot. However, it seems my belly is getting significantly bigger each week. Hence my trip to the local tattoo/piercing parlor this weekend. This was a big step for me. I've had my belly button pierced since I was 16, and for awhile it wasn't interfering with anything. That has changed recently, as my belly button is starting to pop a bit and things were starting to get stuck on it. So it was obvious that it was time to acknowledge the fact that my belly just ain't the same, and won't be for awhile. Try as I did, I couldn't get the ring out myself, so I enlisted the help of the professionals. And the chick with approximately 12 different facial piercings who appeared to be a total tough ass totally melted when she realized I was preggers. It's funny what pregnancy does to people. I told John this morning, now that it's pretty obvious I'm pregnant, people look at me differently. It's hard to explain, but it's pretty cool. And luckily I haven't had to knock anyone out for touching The Belly without asking. Yet.