Saturday, January 19, 2008

Decisions, Decisions.....And the Quest for the Perfect Crib Set


I never knew having a baby was so......complicated. I thought trying to pick out paint colors was difficult. HA! That's a walk in the park compared to the choices you have when it comes to everything baby. For example, I know we're going to need some bottles. So I go online to register for some bottles. Sounds simple enough, and yet I had no idea that there were approximately 30 different kinds of bottles. Some have a bent neck to help with air bubbles. Some have a bag inside that's supposed to be somehow revolutionary. Others still claim that if you use any other type of bottle, your baby is doomed to have horrible gas and will cry 24/7. Talk about pressure! So we decided to look at crib sets (sheets, etc.) online this morning, thinking that would be easy. HA! Fooled again. It's very difficult to find something that's not too masculine and yet not too girlie, and not too hokey or too boring. We found one set that I thought might work.....stars and a moon, a cool little celestial theme. That was until John said, "Yeah, I like it. Except for the fact that the moon looks like a child molestor." The search continues.